Below are some examples of how clickbait can be a problem in ecommerce:
- An ad that shows a photo of a product at a very low price, but in reality the price is much higher.
- An advertisement that promises a product or service that is not real.
- An advertisement that uses a misleading title to attract consumers.
Consumers can protect themselves from clickbait in ecommerce by following these tips:
- Please read the titles and descriptions of products and services carefully before clicking on them.
- Compare prices and reviews from different sources before purchasing a product or service.
- Don’t be fooled by flashy images or videos.
- If you believe you have been a victim of clickbait, you can report it to the responsible company or the competent authorities.
Please read the titles and descriptions of products and services carefully before clicking on them.